Businesses In Orange County Have A Duty To Protect You From Danger
Did you know that businesses in Orange County have a duty to protect you from danger? This helps to explain why so many business owners invest so much in their security. If you are injured as a victim of a crime while visiting a business, the owner could be responsible for your damages.
Contact the Law Offices of John Rapillo at 949-652-2604 to learn about how we can help you recover the money you deserve. Our experienced negligent security attorneys will fight to make sure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries. Call today to schedule a free consultation with our skilled legal team.
Businesses Have A Duty Of Reasonable Care To Protect Guests
If a business is open to the public, the owner must take reasonable care to protect guests from harmful conduct. This duty does not require business owners to fully guarantee that guests will be safe from harm. Instead, businesses must assess their own properties and take steps to provide an overall layer of safety. The degree to which a business owner will have to embrace safety measures will often depend on the location and average crime rate in that area.
Reasonable care may exist if a business owner:
- Installs security cameras and other surveillance equipment
- Installs lights in parking areas, walkways and other potential targets of criminal activity
- Warns criminals that the premises are under constant video surveillance
- Hires security guards to monitor and/or protect the premises
- Hires and employs competent staff
Whether or not safety measures are reasonable is a subjective question of fact. This means that it will depend on the particular circumstances of each case. Learn more by reading our frequently asked questions about negligent security.
Reach Out To Attorney John Rapillo For Legal Help
Have you been injured as a guest at an Orange County business? Could your injury have been prevented if the business owner had utilized reasonable security measures? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. Our Orange County negligent security lawyers can help you maximize the financial settlement or award you receive. Here’s how:
- We handle all aspects of your legal case and let you focus on getting better.
- We thoroughly investigate your accident, find out why it happened and identify who is to blame.
- We protect you from the manipulative tactics often used by insurance companies.
- We work with experts to make sure that your case is valued properly.
- We aggressively pursue compensation on your behalf and hold negligent business owners accountable.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of John Rapillo have more than 35 years of legal experience. We understand that an unexpected injury can change your life forever. We also know that filing a lawsuit can help you recover the money you need and deserve. Email us or call us at 949-652-2604 to schedule a free consultation to find out how we can help you.